Please substitute your username (everything before @boreal.org in your email address) wherever the instructions say username or login-name:
(NOTE: Once your email is set up, the easiest way to check it is to send a message to yourself. Wait a few seconds and then check your mail. If you have configured everything correctly the message will come right back to you.)
Note that different Android devices don't always come with the same mail apps. However, these instructions should work for most devices.
To first set up your Boreal email account on your Android device:
- Go to Settings and Accounts and Sync. Tap the "+ Add Account" option at the top.
- Tap "Email" under More Accounts
- Fill in your email address and password where indicated, and then click the Manual setup button at the top.
- POP3 customers - tap the POP3 account button. Otherwise tap IMAP account. If you aren't sure what type of customer you are, select POP3 account.
- Fill in the following information:
- Username: Everything before the @boreal.org in your email address. Ex if your email address is firstname.lastname@example.org, enter abc.
- Password: Your Boreal password (remember, it's case-sensitive!)
- POP3 server or IMAP server: For POP3 customers, enter mail.boreal.org. Imap customers enter imap.boreal.org.
- Security type: none
- Port: do not change the default port it provides
- Delete mail from server: Either option will work
- Tap the Next button at the top right and then fill in the following information. (This is the same whether you are a POP3 or IMAP customer)
- SMTP server: smtp.boreal.org
- Security type: none
- Port: 587
- Require sign-in: should be checked
- User name: Everything before the @boreal.org in your email address
- Password: Your Boreal password
- Tap the Next button at the top right. You can select whatever options you want on the next screen, and then tap Next again.
- Under "Give this Account a Name" you can put whatever you want - a good option is "Boreal email". Enter your real name under "Your name..." and tap Done.
The system should now finish setting up your account and you will start receiving your Boreal email through your Mail app.