Cook County Higher Education Hiring Executive Director
Cook County Higher Education (CCHE) is seeking an energetic, visioning Executive Director to help us expand the services and program offerings we provide to our rural remote community.
CCHE Executive Director is responsible for maintaining a high quality post-secondary education resource center in Cook County.
The Executive Director has overall strategic and operational responsibility for CCHE’s staff, programs, expansion, and execution of its mission.
Cook County Higher Education was established in 1996 as a pilot Federal Grant program and is a non-profit organization providing local access and support for students to attain college education and training in the rural North Shore region of Minnesota for the past 20 years. CCHE provides college preparation, college certificates and degrees, workforce training, and life-long learning. www.northshorecampus.org
- Masters degree, or Bachelors degree with job-related experience
- Demonstrate management experience, minimum of 5 years, particularly in non-profit setting, with strong skills in staff supervision, mentoring and team coordination.
- Experience with budget and work-plan development
- Experience in fundraising: grant applications, donor relationships and legislative action
- Strong communication and presentation skills; oral and written
- Strong organizational skills including attention to detail
- Highly self-motivated and able to motivate and enthuse others
- Strong computer skills including strong working foundation of Microsoft applications
- Ability to work well with people and institutions representing diverse ethnic, racial, and socio-economic backgrounds and multiple sectors (nonprofit, higher education, government and business)
- Strong understanding of accounting principles and applications
- Strong negotiation and decision making skills
- Significant experience with distance learning programs
- Experience developing and delivering educational and/or training programs
- Familiarity with the business, environmental and cultural aspects of Cook County
- Solid understanding of relevant state and county legislative and political framework
- Familiarity with Access database
- IT troubleshooting skills
Salaried position commensurate with experience, health insurance, $1000 HSA contribution, 10 paid holidays, vacation and sick leave pay. Send cover letter and resume to: CCHE Personnel Committee, PO Box 57, Grand Marais, MN 55604.or email@example.com
CONTACT: Cook County Higher Education
DATE: 03/05/2017 07:33pm