"Moving Matters" kickoff this Thursday
The Sawtooth Mountain Clinic in Grand Marais is launching a new project to promote active living in Cook County called "Moving Matters." There will be an all-day kickoff event on Thursday, September 19 on the lawn in front of the Grand Marais Public Library. In case of rain, the event will move to the Cook County Community Center in Grand Marais.
Moving Matters Kickoff
Thursday, September 19
Grand Marais Public Library
- 10:00-11:30 - Fun for Young Children and Families: Bouncy House, Outdoor Story Time, and Zumba for Young Children.
- 12:30-1:30 - Jim Oberstar: “Active Living As You Age” talk.
- 1:30-2:30 - Bike/Walk Tours: Bring your bike or walking shoes!
- 3:30-4:30 - After School Fun: Gaga ball, Blender Bike, and more!
- 4:30-6:00 - Food and Music: The Stonebridge Singers Drum Group and Food Fundraiser by the Girl Scouts: quesadillas, fresh fruit/veggies, chips, and brownies.
"Moving Matters" is a 3-year, county-wide project to create safe and accessible walking and biking routes for all ages and abilities throughout Cook County.