How do I keep from going to Netscape's Home Page or Ask Jeeves every time I start my browser?
- Go to [Options], [General Preferences], [Appearance]. In the Startup area select Netscape Browser and Blank Page. Remove any text in the field box below Blank Page. Click OK at the bottom of the page.
- If you would like have your browser go to a specific page put the URL in the field below the Blank Page. Make sure you remove the check from Blank Page.
- Note: On older versions of Netscape...pre 3.0, after you have done the above, be sure to go back to the Options menu and select Save Options.
- Go to [Edit], [Preferences]. On the left side of the screen that comes up, click on Navigator. Some options will appear on the right side of the screen.
- If you don't want any page to appear when you start Netscape Navigator, click on [Blank Page] on this screen. The circle next to this option will be filled in. Then click OK at the bottom of the page.
- If you would like have your browser go to a specific page, look for a field called "Location" in the "Home Page" section. Put the URL of your desired home page in this field (ex www.boreal.org), and click OK at the bottom of the page.