How do I set up my email program to send messages in plain text?
Although we no longer require list messages to be in plain text format, it is still recommended to send your messages in plain text. Use the instructions here to set your email software to send plain text messages:
- In Netscape Communicator:
- Click on the [Edit] menu, then click [Preferences].
- In Netscape Mail version 6.0 or higher:
- Click on the [Edit] menu, then click [Mail and Newsgroups Account Settings].
- On the left side of the screen, click on your email address.
- In Outlook Express:
- In Outlook:
- Click the [Mail Format] tab on the window that appears.
- Change the "Compose in this message format" line to show "Plain Text" in the drop-down box, then click OK.
- In Eudora:
- Click on the [Tools] menu, then click on [Options].
- On the left side of the screen that comes up, scroll down until you see [Styled Text]. Click on it.
- On the right side of the screen, click "Send plain text only". Click OK.
- In Thunderbird
- Click on the [Tools] menu, then click on [Account Settings].
- Click the "Composition and Addressing" option in the column on the left side of the screen.
- On the right side of the screen near the top, click to uncheck "Compose messages in HTML format". Click OK.