Outlook (XP through 2003)
Normally, your email will be automatically set up when you run Boreal's installation CD. However, if you need to set it up manually, here's how you do it. Please substitute your username (everything before @boreal.org in your email address) wherever the instructions say username or login-name:
(NOTE: Once your email is set up, the easiest way to check it is to send a message to yourself. Wait a few seconds and then check your mail. If you have configured everything correctly the message will come right back to you.)
- From Outlook, click [Tools], [Email Accounts].
- Click "Add a new email account" and click Next.
- Select POP3 and click Next.
- Supply the following information:
Your name: Your name as you'd like it to appear on messages you send
Email address: Your email address (email@example.com)
Incoming mail server (POP3): mail.boreal.org
Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.boreal.org
User name: Everything before @boreal.org in your email address
Password: Your email password
Make sure "Remember password" is checked so you don't have to type in your password every time you check your email.
- Click the "More Settings" button, and on the window that opens click the [Advanced] tab. Make sure "Leave a copy of messages on server" is unchecked. Click OK.
- Click [Finish]. You're done!