Calendar of Events
Please try to post your event before the day of the event. Because the events must be reviewed before being displayed on the calendar, items posted on the day of the event may not be approved and displayed until the event is over. Boreal makes every attempt to be timely in approving messages sent to the Community Calendar, but there is sometimes a delay, especially on events posted outside of business hours.
If you'd like to have a calendar your organization can use, simply contact the Boreal office and we can set one up for you. Because our license to the calendar software limits the number of calendars we can create, we can't set up calendars for individuals.
What types of events may I post to the Community Calendar, and what are the rules for posting events to the public calendars?
Generally, you can post any legal event taking place in Cook County, Minnesota. However, please make sure your events meet the following rules:
- The event description may explain the event, purpose of the event, what will be discussed or presented, etc., but you may not state personal or political opinion as part of the event description. For example, your description may state something like, "Join us for a discussion of the nnnn bill currently being discussed in Congress." However, it may not say something like, "The nnnn bill currently being discussed in Congress will destroy the future of this country! Join us to discuss its implications."
- You may post the event only for the day and time that the event takes place. For example, if an event is happening on July 5, you may not post it July 2, 3 and 4 - you may only post it on the 5th.
- Be courteous and respect other people's opinions. If you disagree, do it politely. Personal attacks, name-calling, profanity and threats will not be tolerated.
- Never re-post a personal message that you have received as part of a calendar event. If there is pertinent information in a private email message that you wish to include, then post only that portion, and only after you have received the explicit permission of the author of the message.
- If there is extensive information associated with an event, please try to post a link (URL) to information rather then posting the entire content. If you do post information which you have not authored, give proper credit.
All events must be approved by the Boreal staff before appearing on the Community Calendar. Boreal reserves the right to delete or refuse to approve any event which does not meet the above rules, or any event which they deem to be inappropriate for any reason. The fact that Boreal has approved an event does not mean Boreal endorses that event.
All postings on the calendar are those of the author and you rely on these postings at your own risk.